Investment in human capital is one of the main challenges in public administration. The Scholarship for Public Servants in Brazil funded by República.org is intended for students passionate about fostering excellence in the Brazilian public sector through human resource management.
- Available for the Master of Public Policy, Master of Data Science for Public Policy and Executive MPA
- Open to applicants with 5+ years of work experience in the public sector in Brazil
- The scholarship covers at least 50% of tuition fees
- Recipients commit to serving the public in Brazil after graduating from the Hertie School
What is it?
The Hertie School offers substantial tuition waivers for MPP, MDS and Executive MPA students in an initiative funded by República.org.
Instituto República is a non-partisan, non-corporate foundation based in Brazil seeking to train, empower, network, and boost public servants and people who collaborate with governments.
Selected applicants will be offered a tuition waiver covering at least 50% of tuition fees for the MPP, MDS or Executive MPA programme.
Who is it for?
Applicants with at least five years of work experience in the Brazilian public sector who primarily work in human resources or manage teams. Awardees of this scholarship are expected to go back to Brazil and commit to serving the public after graduating from the Hertie School.
How to apply
- First, submit a standard application for the MPP, MDS or Executive MPA programme.
- Additionally, write a brief summary of relevant work experience. In your statement, please elaborate specifically on the impact of your work, whether you worked within a team or managed one, as well as your career plans beyond the Hertie School.
The additional summary should be sent to grad-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org after a standard application has been submitted.