The Center for Sustainability is a competence centre at the Hertie School in Berlin. The Hertie School prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business and civil society. The School’s extensive international network positions it as an ambassador of good governance, characterised by public debate and engagement.
We offer a stimulating, international and diverse environment in the social science disciplines, high-quality teaching and a strong foundation in public policy. The Hertie School is a vibrant academic community that emphasises excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. Our School has been certified as a family-friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer.
Whether you are looking to work with us, learn from us, or just get more involved, we may have some interesting opportunities for you.
At the Hertie School Centre for Sustainability, we seek to fill the position of a Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/div) – Energy Policy on a full-time (40 hours/week) basis.
The contract can commence as of 1 October 2021 at the earliest; the exact start date is open for negotiation. The contract is initially limited to two years.
You will pursue your own independent research agenda exploring energy transitions towards a net-zero greenhouse gas emissions future. You do so by employing state-of-the art empirical methods and rigorous welfare-economic analysis in your research, with immediate relevance for Germany’s and Europe’s energy policy and in the context of sustainability.
You will publish in leading peer-reviewed general economics, energy economics, and interdisciplinary journals. You contribute to other core activities of the Centre for Sustainability, including active participation in colloquia and seminars and outreach activities. We strongly encourage joint research and co-authoring with our outstanding researchers across all seniority levels.
You will teach one class per year (12 sessions of 100 mins each) in our Master of Public Policy (MPP), Master of International Affairs (MIA) and Master of Data Science for Public Policy (MDS) programs. You will be able to design the class around your research agenda, taking into account the requirements of a public policy school.
- PhD or equivalent in economics or related field
- Excellent understanding of energy economics and energy markets, energy subsectors (electricity, transport, buildings, industry) and their interlinkages (power-to-heat, hydrogen, energy efficiency, electrification of heating and transport)
- Deep knowledge of European and German energy policy, including its institutional setting, regulatory framework, and key actors
- Proven track record of academic excellence in quantitative policy analysis and policy evaluation
- Proficiency in statistical methods (econometrics, machine learning)
- An independent mind and a team player
- Excellent proficiency in English and good communication skills
The deadline for full consideration is 9 August 2021.
Please follow this link to apply for this position: https://hertie-school.dvinci-easy.com/en/p/en/jobs/30446/postdoctoral-researcher-fmdiv-energy-policy-full-time-40-hoursweek
At the Hertie School Centre for Sustainability, we are looking for a Student Assistant (f/m/div) - Centre for Sustainability on a part-time (10 hours/week) basis.
The contract shall commence as of 1 September 2021 and is initially limited for four months. An extension is possible.
- Overall administrative support of the Centre for Sustainability,
- Maintenance of internal databases,
- Support with the organisation of Centre events (online and in place, public and internal/by invitation only)
- Support in community building and outreach activities of the Centre
- Contribution to the Centre's website and social media channels
- Supporting the editing of the Centre's newsletter
- Enrolled at a German university
- Completed BA degree
- Interest in the research topics of the Centre (climate, energy, sustainability)
- Excellent command of written and spoken German and English
- Familiar with online conferencing software (e.g. Zoom)
- Familiar with social media use for communication and marketing
- Familiar with MS Office
- Good organisational skills and ability to work independently
- Experience working in a remote work environment
- Ideally, you already have initial work or internship experience
The deadline for full consideration is 20 June 2021.
Please follow this link to apply for this position: https://hertie-school.dvinci-easy.com/en/p/en/jobs/30441/student-assistant-fmdiv-centre-for-sustainability-part-time-10-hoursweek
There are no current vacancies at the moment.
Stipends and scholarships
There are currently no stipends or scholarships offers at the Centre.
Hertie students & alumni
There are no current vacancies at the moment.