Want to write for us?
The Governance Post accepts articles on a rolling basis. Contributions are welcome from students, alumni, faculty and researchers at the Hertie School of Governance, our partner universities, and other public policy-related organizations. Academic articles, op-eds, interviews, slideshows, audio, video – we want it all.
- Article submissions should be 700 to 1,300 words in length, single-spaced, demonstrating knowledge of a particular policy issue or research focus.
- Interviews should be coordinated with The Governance Post team in advance.
- Contributions in novel formats (such as slideshows, audio, and video) should be proposed in advance to The Governance Post team.
- The pieces are to be written with British English and punctuation, and must adhere to Harvard Style citation. References must be made where due but should be kept to a minimum. If possible, provide us with 2-3 relevant hyperlinks to link to in the online article.
- Ideas for an accompanying illustration are encouraged.
- The Governance Post editors retain final say on any changes to articles to be published. We will always show you a final version of your piece; if no agreement can be reached, the article can be withdrawn.
All selected contributions will go through a fact-check and proofreading. Successful authors are requested to provide a 50-word biography, with links to a personal website or profile, as well as two high-resolution photos of themselves.
Ready to share your bright idea? We’ll be waiting for you –firstname.lastname@example.org.