Want to write for us?
The Governance Post accepts article pitches on a rolling basis. Contributions are welcome from students, alumni, faculty and researchers at the Hertie School of Governance, our partner universities, and other public policy-related organizations.
Submission pitch guidelines:
- Articles should be 700 to 1,300 words in length, single-spaced, demonstrating knowledge of a particular policy issue or research focus.
- Interviews should be coordinated with The Governance Post team in advance.
- Contributions in novel formats (such as slideshows, audio, and video) should be proposed in advance to The Governance Post team.
- The pieces are to be written with British English and punctuation, and references should be made directly in the piece via hyperlink (it is possible to expand with footnotes if necessary).
- Ideas for an accompanying illustration are highly encouraged.
- The Governance Post editors retain final say on any changes to articles to be published. We will always show you a final version of your piece; if no agreement can be reached, the article can be withdrawn.
All selected contributions will go through a fact-check and proofreading. Successful authors are requested to provide a teaser paragraph, a 50-word biography, with links to a personal website or profile, as well as a high resolution photo of themselves.
Ready to share your bright idea? We’ll be waiting for you – email@example.com